Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sweet Sunday: 2 Corinthians 5:7






I can't believe I have had my blog for 10 months and failed to post this verse. When I was thinking about an appropriate verse this morning, I came across this and knew it was perfect.

It is the season. The season of change. It's the time of year when everyone gets ready to go back to school, mainly to college. Or maybe you're one of those people, like my brother, who can't make up their mind and wait until the last minute to decide on where to attend college. Potentially, you're like me and are beginning life post-college. Either way, a lot of big changes are coming about.

Looking back on my life, I can honestly say my college experience was ALL about walking by faith and not by sight. I thought I would go to A&M, the Lord lead me to Butler. I thought I would still go to A&M after Butler, I went to Texas Tech. I thought I would attend law school, the Lord sent me to Kansas State graduate school. But first with a quick internship at the State Fair of Texas. Pretty much every plan I have ever had, the Lord smiled and sent me in a totally different direction.

Hint: it was terrifying. I had NO idea I would end up attending two schools in Kansas! Or West Texas, which is basically it's own state. At first, I didn't think I would have the talent or ability or confidence to complete judging on a collegiate level. But the Lord had other plans.

After mulling over my last four years where I trekked along the Lord's path, I can honestly say they were the most rewarding four years. I can't imagine attending school or loving life any more than I did at Butler or Texas Tech. I have left these schools with more than just a degree, but instead with resounding Christ-based friendships and life long memories.

Did I think I would ever end up where I did? Not in a million years. No really. I NEVER wanted to attend Texas Tech. But, I did. And, I loved it.

My point is: following the Lord's plan IS best. He knows the plan for our lives and He knows what is best. So to all those who are starting a new chapter or trying to find your way, lean on the Lord. Then, trust Him.

I need this so much as well! Tomorrow I begin my internship with the State Fair of Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment