Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sweet Sunday: 1 Corinthians 16:13

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."
-1 Corinthians 16:13

So, since I have been awful at blogging I will let you all know what is new in my life! I think this verse is very applicable to my current adventures so I'm sharing it primarily for my personal benefit!

Currently, I am in Mulhall, Oklahoma helping my cousin with his political campaign. We travel and talk to voters and do all kinds of fun stuff! This verse is especially true to remember when getting caught up in politics and the hub-bub of busy life, I have to remember to keep myself grounded, to be courageous, strong, and mainly to stand firm in faith. 

I have started a new tradition, thanks to a new blog I now love - Cup and a Slice! I take time each morning to drink a good cup of coffee and read a couple chapters out of the bible. (Seriously, invest in good coffee, it's one area of life that should never be shorted. I prefer Dunkin' Donuts hazelnut.)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of favorite books of the bible - I am almost finished with Proverbs and open to taking suggestions on my next book, comment below :)

Additionally, I am helping my uncle coaching a 4-H livestock judging team! The state contest is in 10 days so we are working very hard. This is by far one of my favorite tasks I've taken part in! If it isn't already known, I'm a livestock judging guru, I seriously love it. So far, coaching has proven to be much more fun than actually judging. Except on contest day - then it's not as fun, it's way too stressful being outside the doors!

Anyway, I wanted to write this verse not only for myself, but also my sweet Hansford County livestock judgers. I just love to remember that God is with us in everything we do. At the end of the day, after looking at pigs and cattle, it's important to hit our knees and thank the Lord for giving us the opportunity to have such a wonderful life <3

Well that's it for now! I'm off to get some sleep and get ready for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment