Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet Sunday: 1 John 3:18

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18

This morning in church our pastor made a brief comment about how faith must be put into practice to be useful. So I got to thinking and I believe I have come up with a pretty nifty comparison: faith is like football. I like football, so bare with me here!

As I've grown in my faith, I've realized that "faith" isn't just going to church on Sunday. "Faith" isn't just donating time for community service or tossing a couple bucks into the offering plate. "Faith" isn't proclaiming that you are a Christian in the religion category on facebook. 

No, faith is a relationship. It requires attention, practice, repetition, and time. Kind of like football. If you jump on the field and haven't read the rule book, you'll be in trouble. Faith must be practiced to work. Football must be practiced to work.
 
If you don't communicate with the coach, you don't know the game plan. To know your life direction, you have to know the voice to be followed.

On a side note, I'm already excited for football season to begin. And, in case you wanted to see a cute video, here's a video of my piglet Tilly eating an apple. She's not so little anymore!




No comments:

Post a Comment