Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Sunday: Ephesians 4:32

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ forgave you."
-Ephesians 4:32

Forgiveness. One of the easiest, yet hardest concepts to accept - at least it is for me. Jesus commands us to forgive "seventy times seven times" to someone who has sinned against you. 

For me, uttering the words "I forgive you" are far easier than forgetting and moving on. I'm going to share a story, and I wish I could remember where or who it came from, but I think it's a powerful one:

One day a woman was lecturing in front of a class and held up a glass of water. She asked the audience how much the water weighed. She got answers like 6 ounces, 11 ounces, etc. She then asked the audience if nothing happened to the glass of water, would it change in weight? The class obviously answered "no" it would not. She held the glass out in front of her and said "if I hold this water for one minute, it will do me no harm. If I hold the glass for one hour, my arm will tingle and ache. If I hold the glass out for one day, my arm will be numb and hurt my whole body." The same is true with anger. Holding on to it for a short period of time will not affect you, but holding on to fear or anger for a long time will only cause harm to yourself.





Today, let's ask the Lord to forgive us of our sins, and let's in return immolate Jesus and forgive other.s


No comments:

Post a Comment