Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sweet Sunday: Philippians 4:6

Hello again!

Well, I have decided to start a "tradition" on my blog....Sweet Sunday! Every Sunday, (please hold me accountable, hopefully I don't forget!) I will post a favorite verse, or a verse I heard in church, or just a little motivational, uplifting verse for the day!

I think far too often, consumers look at farmers and ranchers as cruel, money-hungry individuals that don't respect their animals. Yet, quite the contrary is true. Farmers and ranchers have just the same beliefs, religion, and lifestyle as everyone else - minus sleeping in on Saturdays, having time to go on vacations, being able to stay inside on rainy/snowy/hot/yucky days, oh yeah, and our lives revolve around stock! Hopefully, Sweet Sunday's will give everyone the opportunity to see how we are really all the same.

So! Today's verse comes from Philippians - one of my favorite books!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."   -Philippians 4:6

I love this verse for three reasons:

1. God is telling us to not worry, just give everything to Him! Whew, great to be reminded of that!

2. I think of this as "preparation for the day". We need to be prepared to spread the word of Jesus to others, and the way to be prepared? Prayer.

3. God loves everything we do (as long as it is in His name, of course). So when I am preparing for anything, whether it is school, judging, speaking, or spreading the word of agriculture, I know I can pray for peace, comfort, and strength.

Man, we serve a mighty Lord! Today, may your strength in the Lord be boundless, your worries be few, and your hair fabulous (even in the pouring rain)! Have a super Sweet Sunday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment